Fallout 76: Tadpole Exam Answers
- You’re excited for your first big trip to the archery range at Camp Adams – hurray! One problem – you have a handful of sharp arrows. What type of bag should you carry the arrows in?
- Robbie is planning a bow-hunting trip to Seneca Rocks with his dad where they’ll be hunting white-tailed deer. What type of arrowheads should they bring with them?
Answer: Broadhead Point
- You’re competing in an archery tournament at Camp Lewis. On the final shot, you land an arrow on the inner red ring – so close! How many points was this shot worth?
- Bows and arrows have been used for a long time! Around when do researchers say the first bows and arrows were created?
Answer: 64,000 years ago
- Only one person is truly responsible for your safety and the safety of others while on the range. Who is it?
- You overhear a camp counselor bragging that they shot an arrow 320 per second. What type of unit were they most likely using to determine arrow speed?
Answer: FPS (Feet Per Second)
- An arrow is made of four parts – which is NOT one of them?
- Richie is on the range and has finished shooting all of his arrows. What should he do now?
Answer: Wait for the all-clear signal from the supervising Mr. Handy
- Alice is taking aim at her target when she notices her rival Annie retrieving arrows from the target in the next lane. What should Alice do?
Answer: Aim the bow downward and slowly release tension on the bowstring
- You’re crafting a crossbow at a nearby weapons workbench – which component will you NOT need for this project?
- You’re hiking through the woods when you spot your weird neighbor Jimmy blindly firing arrows into the sky. What should you do?
Answer: Find the nearest overhead cover and demand Jimmy lay down his bow
- Lisa studies and practices archery regularly. She talks about archery all the time and is honestly kind of annoying about it. Lisa is a(n)…
- The ballista was invented thousands of years ago in a Greek town called Syracuse. It is essentially a large version of what type of bow?
- Commies have invaded! Alex is a champion archer and wants to defend his country. What type of arrows should Alex use to penetrate the thick armor of the communist swine?
Answer: Bodkin Point
- Gene practices shooting his crossbow every day after work to prepare himself for the looming red menace. Gene is a(n)…?
- Your best friend Johnny’s dad spends his weekends crafting and selling bows. You’ve been saving your allowance for months to purchase a bow from such a gifted…
- You’re at an archery tournament when you see your favorite archer telescoping an arrow – wow! How do you describe this feat to your best friend?
Answer: He shot an arrow which hit another arrow, splitting it down the middle!
- It’s the last shot in a tournament. You pull the bowstring back, breathe steadily, focus, and release. You hear the crowd roar as they see the bullseye you just hit! How many points did you score?
- You spot Billy at the end of the range with an apple on his head while Danny takes aim. What advice do you give?
Answer: None of the above
- While on the shooting line you hear the Mr. Handy instructor sound a whistle blow three times. How should you react?
Answer: Walk forward and retrieve your arrows
- Before a friendly kickball match, Samuel offers you a suspicious looking pill that you think may be Buffout. How do you respond?
Answer: Refuse and report him to the Scout Leader
- You’re competing in a track and field race and have lined up at the starting line. An official will signal to begin. How does he do this?
Answer: Firing a starting gun
- You’re entering a marathon for charity and are set to run on the streets of Charleston. How far will you be running?
Answer: 26.219 miles
- You’re going rock climbing with Mary, when she slips and begins to fall! Luckily, she’s brought to a stop by a device attached to her rope. What is this device called?
Answer: A belay device
- James wants to join the Army and fight the Reds, but he’s out of shape. Eventually, he’ll have to pass the Army’s physical fitness test, which could be hard for him. Which of the following does he NOT he have to worry about being in the test?
- Susie is taking part in a long jump competition. She takes a running start, but stumbles at the last minute and only makes it three feet! How embarrassing, when the longest long jumpers can jump how far?
Answer: 29 feet
- Brendan is a fast runner. Really fast! He might even run in the Olympics someday. Which sprinting event should he NOT train for if he wants to run an Olympic event?
Answer: 10000 meter dash
- Most athletes bulk up by lifting weights, but weightlifting itself is a competition as well! Only a few lifts are used in Olympic weightlifting, however. Which of these lifts is no longer used?
Answer: The clean and jerk
- You’re playing ice hockey, and after checking a star player into the boards you’re approached by a menacing figure who picks a fight with you. What is the name of this person’s unofficial role on a hockey team?
- You’ve been running laps around the Charleston capital building for exercise and have noticed that after running long enough you start to feel really good. What is this sensation called?
Answer: Runner’s high
- You’re training for a marathon, and decide to push yourself to see how long you can run. Despite your best efforts, you can only go so far. What substance builds up in your muscles and causes this?
Answer: Lactic acid
- Like to throw things? Who doesn’t! In fact, there’s probably a sport for throwing your favorite object. Which of these is thrown for sport?
- Ricky loves riding his bicycle. He rides so much, he could probably compete in a Grand Tour! But there are a lot of stages to each Grand Tour event. How many?
- The “shot put” event uses a heavy sphere called a “shot”. What do you do to the “shot” in this event?
Answer: Put it
- Barry is a strong baseball player who hits lots of home runs. What’s the highest number of runs Barry can score on a single home run?
- You’re on first base in a baseball game and decide to steal second base. How far do you have to run to get there?
Answer: 90 feet
- Hannah is training for a pentathlon, an event used to prepare athletes for the rigors of warfare. How many sports will she need to train for in order to compete?
- Mark’s favorite athletic event is wrestling. He idolizes famous wrestlers and wants to wrestle just like them. Which of these US Presidents has a reputation as a wrestler?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln
- As a cross country runner, you might be called a “harrier”. What is a harrier?
Answer: A dog
- Alfonso is interested in football. He’s a tall natural leader with a strong arm, and he knows every play in the book. What position would be best for Alfonso?
- You’re lost in the woods and need to use Morse code to signal other scouts for help. Which signal do you send?
Answer: . . . – – – . . .
- You’re operating your shortwave radio and come across a strange broadcast. After listening for a while, you realize it’s commie propaganda! What do you do?
Answer: Report it to the authorities immediately!
- How might “APPALACHIA” be read when encoded with a Caesar cipher?
Answer: XII LC QEB XYLSB
- You suspect Samuel is a commie. His favorite subject is history, and he uses four numbers for his terminal password. What historical year might his password be?
- “for(int i = 1; i > 10; i++)” The condition in your code is flawed and the loop will not count from 1 to 10. How do you fix it?
Answer: i <= 10
- Alfonso is having trouble figuring out a commie passcode and has decided to try brute-forcing a solution. How does he go about this?
Answer: Computing all possible solutions sequentially
- Hannah is sending you juicy gossip using symmetric-key cryptography. To decrypt her secret message, what do you BOTH need?
Answer: The same key
- Susie wants to sign her name for a deaf friend using American Sign Language. What sign should she make first?
Answer: A closed fist with thumb over middle finger
Which of these big words means “solving coded communications”?
Which of these patriotic languages did our fine fighting men use as an unbreakable code during World War II?
Your data is only as secure as its weakest link! And what would that be?
How did the dirty Nazis encode their messages during World War II?
Answer: Enigma machines
Your Mr. Handy is a master codebreaker, much better than the first codebreaking computers. What were those old junk heaps called?
Brendan sent an encrypted message to a foreign national, but you were able to decrypt it because it had “known plaintext”. What is “plaintext”?
Answer: Unencrypted information
Which mythical device gave its name to this infamous kind of computer virus?
Answer: The Trojan Horse
Samuel is upset at Mary. Samuel orders his Mr. Handy to hit Mary! His Mr. Handy won’t obey. Why?
Answer: It violates the Mr. Handy’s programming
You need to send a coded warning to Washington D.C. using a “Templar cipher”. What shape will you use in your cipher?
Answer: A cross
Which cipher, named for a French diplomat, was used by the Confederacy during the Civil War?
Answer: The Vigenere cipher
Which Founding Father invented a disk cipher later used by the US Army?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
All computers operate using something called binary code. How many digits are used in binary?
- Sheila is cooking with grease when suddenly, the pan catches fire! What should she do?
Answer: Place the lid back on the pan and wait for the fire to run out of oxygen
- You see your pal Mike start to eat a piece of raw burger. You stop him by reminding him that eating raw meat can cause…
Answer: All of the above
- What type of objects should NOT be placed into fondue?
It’s time to dice vegetables! What’s the safest practice?
Answer: Hold with your fingers clenched inward
Alfred wants to bring his famous Cranberry Jam to Thanksgiving dinner. What ingredients will he need?
Answer: Cranberries, Carrot Flower, Sugar, Water
Your teacher called you a mycophile! You were mildly offended until you realized it meant your hobby was…
Answer: Foraging for wild edible mushrooms
You find a recipe for baking bread; water, salt, flour, and something unreadable. What’s the fourth ingredient
Mary asked you to bring sweetbread to the big party. Wait… what is sweetbread?
Answer: The thymus gland of an animal
Coating moist food with a dry ingredient like flour or breadcrumbs before cooking it is known as what?
You’re headed to the Super-Duper Mart to get ingredients for your dad’s favorite meal, head cheese. What’s the main ingredient?
Answer: An actual animal head
Sauerkraut, pickles, beer, and yogurt are all products of what process?
Now for a special sponsored question from CRAM: “When in doubt, just go with…”
Ruby won’t stop talking about her double boiler. What is she able to use it for?
Answer: All of the above
Vince wants to impress his new lady friend by cooking her a chicken dinner. What should the internal temperature of the chicken be to ensure he doesn’t kill her?
Answer: 165 degrees
Carlos adds a pinch of salt to his water before boiling it. What effect does this have on the water
Answer: Increases the boiling point of the water
Jackie wants to cook the perfect spaghetti, but wants to know when to test if the noodles are done. What should you suggest?
Answer: Use a spoon to fish out one noodle for taste test
Molly wants to make steak tartare. How long will she have to cook the steak?
Answer: Serve it raw
“A watched pot never…”
Browning meat on a pan is an example of what kind of chemical reaction?
Answer: Maillard Reaction
What is the name of the red liquid that pours our of a steak after cutting it?
- Ants may be tiny, but they sure are strong! They can lift well over their weight. How much can they lift?
Answer: 100x their weight
Which of these insects was especially sacred to the ancient Egyptians?
Answer: Scarab beetles
Mayflies live notoriously short lives, the poor things. If you were a mayfly, how long could you expect to live?
Answer: One day, exactly
Samuel is an athlete who spends lots of time running and jumping everywhere he goes. If he had a super power, he’d want to jump as far as a flea! How far would that be?
Answer: The length of a football field
Not all bugs are insects! Which of these creepy crawlies is NOT an insect?
Susie is learning to identify insects. She knows that insects have certain special features to look for that other animals don’t. Which of these is a defining feature of insects?
Answer: Having six legs
Mosquitoes are tiny insects that fly around sucking the blood out of bigger creatures. What do they use this blood for?
Answer: Making eggs
Insects’ bodies are made up of three parts. Which of these is NOT one of these three parts?
Insects are invertebrates, meaning they make due without a certain body part. Which body part do invertebrates go without?
Mary loves to go down to the riverbank at night to catch fireflies. These cute little insects glow in the dark! What process gives fireflies their special glow?
Before reaching adulthood, a house fly enters what stage of its life cycle?
Wendy is volunteering as a beekeeper at summer camp. Beekeepers harvest all kinds of useful things from the bees they keep. Which of the following treats do we NOT harvest from bees?
Female praying mantises get a bad rap for their aggressive mating habits. But can you really blame them for wanting to do this to their mates from time to time?
Answer: Kill and eat them
Caterpillars go through some changes in their life as they grow older. Sound familiar, kids? But in the end they turn into a beautiful new creature! What creature?
Answer: A butterfly
Ants live all over the planet. In fact, they live just about everywhere! But there is one place you won’t find any ant colonies. Where?
Instead of tongues, insects may have long tubes coming from their mouths that they can use to suck up nutrients. What is this tube called?
Answer: A proboscis
Periodical cicadas spend most of their lives underground. Why do they eventually emerge?
Answer: To mate and lay eggs
Lots of bugs look like insects, but aren’t. Which of the following bugs is NOT an insect?
Answer: A spider
There are a lot of people in the world, but there are way more insects! In fact, one out of every four creatures on Earth is which kind of insect?
Answer: A beetle
Roaches can survive almost anything, it seems, even nuclear radiation. In fact, a roach can survive for a while without its head! How long?
Answer: Over a week
- Sally wants to try and find reptiles and amphibians on a hike in West Virginia. Which is she not likely to see?
- Many reptiles are ectothermic, which means they…
Answer: Must rely on external heat sources to regulate body temperature
- Alex is on a hike and crosses paths with a Horned Lizard. The Horned Lizard is notorious for their ability to…
Answer: Shoot blood from their eyes
- Wendy has just been bitten by a Coral Snake! The Coral Snake’s venom is neurotoxic. What symptoms will Wendy soon experience?
Answer: Paralysis and respiratory failure
- Matthew has just been bitten by a Water Moccasin! The Water Moccasin’s venom is hemotoxic. What symptoms will Matthew soon experience?
Answer: Pain and swelling in the bite area
- Susan finds a Testudine on its back on the side of the road. What did Susan just find?
Answer: An alligator Snapping Turtle
- Tommy’s just been bitten by a Black Mamba! If Tommy can’t receive medical attention, how long does Tommy have to live?
Answer: 30 minutes
- Which of the following is not venomous?
- Marcus has just ingested the poison of the Colorado River Toad – oops! What side effects can Marcus expect?
Answer: Euphoria and vivid hallucinations
- The Jackson’s Chameleon is native to East Africa, however it was introduced to the United States in the 1970s. This is an example of…
Answer: Invasive Species
- Your pet iguana is being threatened by the family dog. What would be a common defense mechanism employed by the iguana?
Answer: Shed its own tail as a distraction
- A collection of eggs laid by reptiles and amphibians are called a…
- The Blue Tongued Skink is known for…
Answer: All of the above
- The most important difference between poisonous and venomous is…
Answer: Poisons are ingested, venom is injected
- What is the main difference between a Frog and a Toad?
Answer: Frogs smooth mucus-covered skin, Toads have rough, dry skin
- What is the main difference between a Turtle and a Tortoise?
Answer: Turtles live near water while Tortoises live on land
- Sheila is making a Rain Forest Stew. Which ingredient is most likely to kill her?
Answer: Golden Dart Frog
- Of the following, which is the largest?
Answer: Japanese Giant Salamander
- When the Hairy Frog (thrichobatrachus robustus) is threatened, what defense mechanism would one expect it to use?
Answer: Break it’s own toe bones and use them as claws
- Salamanders are an example of a…
- Hannah is hunting game, but her tracking skills aren’t the best. She asks you if you have any leads. Where might she start looking?
Answer: A trail or desire path
- Mary loves rabbits. They’re so cute and furry, and the way they hop makes her laugh! She decides to trap a rabbit to take home as a pet. Which of these traps would be effective?
Answer: A snare
- You’re tracking an animal through the forest when you feel something squishy beneath your feet… looks like you’ve stepped in pellet shaped droppings. Which of these animals probably left them?
Answer: A deer
- Susie loves deer and their silky coats. She decides to tan a deer hide to put in her cabin. Which type of skinning should she use to prepare a deer for tanning?
Answer: Open skinning
- You’ve decided to go hunting and need to bring the right caliber ammo for your hunting rifle. What caliber do you bring
Answer: 44 caliber
- Mark is reading up on birds to hunt. Some birds have been hunted so much that they’re all gone! Which of these was hunted to extinction in the 1900s?
Answer: The passenger pigeon
- You meet Brendan out deer hunting, but know he doesn’t have a license. He says that he’s been hunting before and that everything will be fine. What do you do?
Answer: Turn him in for poaching
- Alfonso wants to go hunting commies. He has four dog breeds available as possible hunting companions. Which would you pick to track a human?
- Samuel wants to go duck hunting, but can’t decide which gun to bring. What would you recommend?
- You’re hunting in the forest and want to lie low and wait for game to come to you. What could you use to help stay hidden?
Answer: A blind
- You’re in a good hunting spot and waiting for game to appear when you hear a sharp barking sound. Which animal probably made this call?
Answer: A deer
- Brendan wants to hook bass on Summersville Lake. When should he go to get the most bites?
Answer: None of the above
- You’re bird hunting on Summersville Lake, but can’t get close enough to take a good shot. What could you use to lure birds closer?
- When hiking in the woods, always be prepared for an encounter with Appalachia’s most powerful predator: the bear. Which kind of bear is most common in Appalachia?
Answer: American black bear
- The government in Charleston decides it’s open season to hunt naked mole-rats in Appalachia. This is because they are what kind of species here?
- You’re looking to harvest some salmon to create bear bait. When Salmon reproduce, they gather in large numbers. Where can you find them at this time?
Answer: Freshwater rivers
- A black bear has been stealing food from your campsite and you want to rig a trap to catch it. What kind of trap do you use?
Answer: A leg-hold trap
- You’ve taken your kill back to the butcher, and he explains the different cuts of meat on the animal. Which of these cuts comes from the animal’s leg?
- Alex is takes aim at a boar with his hunting rifle, but when he squeezes the trigger his gun explodes! How could Alex have prevented this?
Answer: Maintained his firearm properly
- You’re going hunting with your great-great-grandfather’s old-fashioned black powder rifle. What do you need to bring to reload?
Answer: A ramrod
- Alfonso is afraid of bats. They can get so big! How long is the wingspan on the largest bats?
- Susie lives near the Emmett Mountain Disposal Site and has a pet naked mole-rat named Jiffy. Why is Jiffy a good pet to have in this location?
Answer: He’s cancer resistant
- You’re hiking in the woods near your house and spot a red fox. Red foxes are native to North America. Which of these continents are they not native to?
- West Virginia cattle are good eating, and the cattle love to eat, too! In fact, their stomachs have several compartments. How many?
- Sloths are slow moving mammals that live in trees. Millions of years ago, though, there were huge sloths that lived on the ground! How big did these “megasloths” get?
Answer: All of the above
- Hannah is from Alaska, and says that an iconic Alaskan mammal is actually a type of deer! Which mammal?
- Brendan likes to sleep. A lot. He even sleeps in class! Which of these mammals is also known for sleeping a lot in the winter?
- Which of these traits is different in mammals than in reptiles?
Answer: They have hair
- Mammals are broken into over twenty “orders”. Which of these orders has the most mammals in it?
- What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, three legs in the evening, and no legs at night?
Answer: A human
- Erin loves canines, especially large ones! Which of these does she love the most?
- Spot is a hunting dog. He likes to hunt bunnies and birds. What do African wild dogs like to hunt?
- You and Mary were both given pet rabbits as Christmas gifts. Mary’s rabbit is a girl, called a “doe”. Yours is a boy. What are boy rabbits called?
- Hao is teaching her friends about Chinese mythology. She says that in folklore the spirits of mistreated animals can become demons. What are they called?
- Samuel was out in the woods when he drew a big bear’s attention! He played dead until it went away. Which of these mammals did he emulate?
- Australia is home to a class of mammals called marsupials. What’s special about most marsupials that’s different from other mammals?
Answer: They raise young in a pouch
- George would rather study dinosaurs than mammals because they’re big and scary. But mammals can get big and scary, too. And they’re still around! What is the largest living mammal?
Answer: Blue whale
- Humans are mammals, too! What is something that makes you different from a chimpanzee?
Answer: I stand up straight
- Most mammals have babies the same way as humans. But one mammal actually lays eggs! Which mammal?
- Snippers is a good house cat. He eats his food and uses his litter box, just like he’s supposed to. Which ancient country can we thank for domesticating cats like Snippers?
- You’re the on-duty medic at the archery range. Ricky goes out to retrieve his arrow during live fire and is shot through the knee! What do you do?
Answer: Call an ambulance!
- You come across a hopeless chem addict while doing good deeds around town. The addict begs you for money or chems. How do you respond?
Answer: Treat her with Addictol
- The other scouts are excited for your field trip to the Poseidon Energy Plant, but you’re worried about the effects of radiation. What do you do?
Answer: Stop worrying, as nuclear power is 100% safe and effective
- You’re preparing for a hiking trip and want to make some healing salves in case of injury. Which of these could you use as an ingredient?
- Hannah is afraid of fireworks. At last year’s Fourth of July celebration, a faulty firework exploded right behind her! Now loud sounds make her jump and shiver. What do you call this condition?
Answer: Shell Shock
- Susie is playing in her tree house. She loses her balance and falls to the ground, breaking the bone in her upper arm, below her shoulder. Which bone did Susie break?
- Samuel drank some icky water from a pond on a hiking trip. Now he’s feeling awful! He has diarrhea, stomach pains, and fluid loss. Which disease might Samuel have contracted?
- While rock climbing on a scout trip, you lose your grip and take a tumble, injuring your arm. You decide to apply a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. Where do you tie the tourniquet?
Answer: A few inches above the wound
- Which of the following is NOT a type of physician?
- Alfonso is earning spending money by working in the Garrahan coal mines after school. His father Ricardo is a mine worker, and is always coughing and wheezing. What condition is Alfonso risking by working in the mines?
Answer: Black lung
- Mary works at the steel mill after school. One day, a heavy piece of equipment falls and makes a big gash on her thigh! Which of these muscles did she just injure?
Answer: Rectus femoris
- You and Richard are mountain biking when he hits a rock and tumbles into a tree, breaking his leg! What tool do you use to hold the bone in place until help arrives?
Answer: A splint
- Susie’s grandmother is comatose on life support. As her physician, her fate is in your hands. What is the ethical decision?
Answer: Let her family decide
- We use the rod of a mythical figure as the symbol of the medical profession. Which figure?
- Brendan is at the firing range when Samuel accidentally clips him with a live round from his shotgun! He’s lost a lot of blood. What will you do to restore it?
Answer: Hook up a blood pack intravenously
- Believe it or not, blood cells come in several different colors! Which of these is a type of blood cell?
- You’re helping Mr. Hannock cross the street when he doubles over clutching his chest! This is a symptom of which of the following?
Answer: Heart attack
- Which of the following is NOT a type of cancer?
- Which of the following is NOT a symptom of radiation sickness?
- The day has come and the bombs have fallen. Where do you go to stay safe from the radiation?
Answer: My designated Vault-Tec vault
- Which of the following is best to consume before a swimming session in order to keep your energy up?
Answer: A light snack
- Steve the troublemaker is trying to trick people into thinking his made-up swimming stroke is real. What is the name of this obviously fake stroke?
Answer: Speed Stroke
- Billy is running around Wavy Willard’s Water Park when the lifeguard blows a whistle and points at him. What should Billy do?
Answer: Immediately stop running to avoid slipping on a slick surface
- Your friend Marie asks for a stick of gum before her swim. How do you respond?
Answer: Refuse to give her one, as chewing gum while swimming is a dangerous choking hazard
- It’s a late night at summer camp and you can’t sleep so you decide to go for a swim in the lake. As you leave, your swimming instructor angrily yells at you. What did you do wrong?
Answer: You forgot that going swimming alone is extremely dangerous
- Which is the proper way to breathe while swimming?
Answer: Alternate between having your face in the water and rhythmically breathing between strokes
- The impossible happens and the evil commies manage to launch a nuke on American soil! How does this impact your swimming routines?
Answer: All water is likely to be heavily irradiated, so swimming should be avoided
- Which of the following is NOT an authorized aquatic Pioneer Scout activity?
Answer: Breath-holding competition
- What is the primary purpose of a swimming buddy?
Answer: To have someone that can alert the lifeguard in the case of an emergency
- Little Lizzie is scared of swimming in the local community pool. What aspect of swimming pools should she actually be concerned about?
Answer: The water is too deep for some non-swimmers
- What is the correct way to revive a drowning victim?
Answer: Turn the victim’s head to the side to drain water, then back to the center for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
- You’re vacationing at Summersville Lake and decide to dive into the water – what fun! But wait – how deep did the swimming instructor say the water should be before attempting a dive?
Answer: A minimum of 7 feet deep should keep you safe!
- Your strange friend Miguel is a major hypochondriac, and has given you a giant list of health concerns he has with swimming. Which item on his list can you say he definitely shouldn’t worry about?
- You’re in a fishing vessel 20 miles off the Atlantic Coast when disaster strikes and the boat capsizes! You remember the words of your Pioneer Scout swim instructor and start to survival float! What are you doing?
Answer: Face-down in the water with hands out and palms down, lifting your head to take deep breaths
- You’re assigned the task of inspecting all of the life jackets being handed out to your fellow scouts. Which is NOT something that you need to verify during the inspection?
Answer: The jackets are all the required shade of orange
- Timothy is bragging about all the health benefits he gets from being a regular swimmer. At what point in his tiresome prattle do you smugly stop and correct him?
Answer: The long-winded conclusion declaring the prevention of bacterial infections
- Which of the following is NOT one of the risks unique to swimming in open waters like lakes, rivers and oceans?
- You see Billy struggling to stay afloat in the swimming pool. You want to help him but you just dried off! Which is NOT a non-swimming rescue technique?
- Suzie is a beginner swimmer who is nervous about getting in the water. You teach her several techniques to stay afloat without an aid, which makes her feel better. Which is NOT one of those techniques?
- You find yourself struggling against a river current after your canoe tips over! Which of the following is bad advice to follow in this situation?
Answer: Swim against the current.